Kannada Rajyotsava 2023 is celebrated every year on the 1st of November as the foundation day of Karnataka State, with great fanfare all over South India.
Kannada Rajyotsava is celebrated as the foundation day of Karnataka state and on this day a government holiday is observed throughout the state of Karnataka, it commemorates the merger of Kannada speaking regions.
History of Karnataka Foundation Day
Kannada Rajyotsava 2023 was first started in 1956, when the Kannada linguistic regions of the entire south of India were merged to form a state that was named Karnataka.
During the formation of Karnataka state, this state was known as Mysore State, but in 1973 the name of the state was changed from Mysore to Karnataka.
On this day red-yellow flags are decorated on the streets, on houses and on government buildings in the state from all over Karnataka.
Many types of programs are organized on this day, in which people present many types of presentations in the field of literature, medicine, music, sports, social service etc. And related to the formation of Kannada state, conferences and seminars are organized.
Location and extent of Karnataka State
- Karnataka is located in the state of South India, with its capital at Bengaluru and a total number of 31 districts.
- The state of Karnataka is spread over a total area of 191,791 Km Squre, which is also the sixth largest state in terms of area.
- The GDP of Karnataka state is 16.65 trillion.
- The official language of Karnataka State is Canada, and the state languages are Telugu and Kodev.
|Kannada Rajyotsava 2023
|November 1, 2023 (as Mysore State)
|Kannada Rajyotsava, Karnataka Formation Day
|Hoisting of Kannada flag, Processions, Cultural events, Rajyotsava Awards
|Unification of Kannada-speaking regions of South India as the state of Karnataka
|Kannadigas in India and overseas
|Government of Karnataka
|BicameralCouncil (75 seats)Assembly (224 seats)
|Rajya Sabha (12 seats)Lok Sabha (28 seats)
- World Vegan Day 2024 Quotes, Wishes, History, Greetings, Health Benefits, Vegan Etymology
- Happy National Unity Day 2023: Wishes, quotes, and messages to celebrate the day
Tags Of Day
How old is Karnataka?
66 Years Old